Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Berlin
University of Applied Sciences
From Tegel (TXL) airport (about 75 minutes)
From Schönefeld (SXF) airport (about 25 minutes)
From Berlin Hauptbahnhof – Main Station(about 40 minutes)
The Wilhelminenhof campus is located in Oberschöneweide in the Treptow-Köpenick district in the South East of Berlin. Located directly on the Spree and steeped in history, this former industrial complex has been transformed into a modern centre for science. The imposing buildings have been sensitively refurbished and complemented by new buildings. HTW Berlin took up residence in the first building in 2006.
The historical roots can be traced back to the beginnings of Imperial Germany and the foundation of the Fachschule für Dekomponieren, Komponieren und Musterzeichnen – a school for weavers, lace makers, clothiers and traders — in 1874. Another of our predecessor institutions was the East German Berlin College of Engineering, founded in 1948 and incorporated in theFachhochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft in October 1991. In this phase the campus and facilities of the College of Economics (Hochschule für Ökonomie, HfÖ) in Karlshorst were taken over by the university.
With 13,000 students studying in 70 Bachelor’s and Master’s degree courses, the HTW Berlin numbers amongst one of Germany’s leading medium-sized centres of higher education.